About the channel
Singing Being Inner Circle is an advanced membership program for deeper learning, accountability, and ongoing conversation and expansion with me (Marisa Michelson) and each other centered around our vocal work together.
- Video tutorials by Marisa Michelson about the specific exercises we engage with in private lessons (what do they do? what areas of the body do they activate, what challenges come up, what are attitudes we want to have, etc.). Our lessons are deeply experiential and we don't often have time to get into the more theoretical aspects of the work. Here, we can.
- Lessons about specific ways to practice your pieces of music.
- Monthly-ish sharing opportunities where y'all can video yourselves singing a song or improvising or speaking text (or moving!) send it to us, and we'll upload it for folks to watch. This will be a safe space to try out radical attention on process while "performing" or I like to say, offering.
- A Q + A feature where you can contact me individually when you have questions.
- Sharings by my student/teacher-trainee Sarah Beth Pfeifer about her own practice and observations you can teach each other, share observations about your own practice, stay accountable, learn from each other, etc.
- Extras like readings, texts, I'll share bits from my book, i'll share my own practice via this app, and talk through exactly what choices I'm making and why, and more
Who is this for?
Current students or former students of Marisa Michelson's Studio who have reached a certain foundational understanding of this work (bodily and theoretically). (If you haven't studied with me but think you might be eligible for this program for other reasons, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org) If you're currently in sessions with me, this membership program will add deeper context and allow me to be even more available to you. If you've studied with me in the past but aren't currently in 1:1 lessons, this will be a way for us to stay in conversation and continue to deepen your practice. Either way, you'll be part of a community to share with, learn from, and revel in the glorious magic that is this work.